MobileCorp is an Authorised Cradlepoint Partner and able to assist Australian enterprises looking for a future-proofed mobile or wireless edge network solution.
There is increasing demand in Australia for mobile and edge network solutions - from temporary or pop-up connectivity, to scalable branch networks, remote working connectivity, and edge IOT device networks, says MobileCorp CTO, Phill McSherry.
"Cradlepoint is a global leader in cloud-delivered LTE and 5G routers and wireless edge network solutions for mobile, branch and IOT networks.
"Any connectivity solution that utilises Cradlepoint routers will be future-proofed. This is the outcome we want for our customers - a wireless network solution that works brilliantly now and will integrate with 5G as it becomes available."
As an Authorized Cradlepoint Partner, MobileCorp's IT team has developed capabilities with Cradlepoint router configuration and gained practical experience with the Cradlepoint NetCloud remote management portal environment.
Australian enterprises are embracing Cradlepoint
Cradlepoint has recently increased its presence in Australia announcing a collaboration with Telstra on a '5G for Business' solution.
MobileCorp is already working with several enterprise customers who will utilise Cradlepoint router technology in their connectivity solutions. A couple of examples include:
- A leading people moving company unable to move into a new Adelaide-based branch office due to the combination of a complex build for their MPLS network which will require civil works, and Telstra's nationwide bushfire embargo. Looking for a temporary fix, the Cradlepoint AER2200 with Telstra 4G data card has provided a branch connectivity solution. MobileCorp has supplied and configured the router and set-up the Cradlepoint NetCloud portal which provides monitoring and OTA management.
- An enterprise event management company upgrading its network will use Cradlepoint AER1600s for a multi-path network environment for 70 branch locations with local internet breakout protected by a built-in firewall. In this case Cradlepoint's branch solution fits into a larger solution with additional main sites retaining private network connections, with all sites then connected to an AWS environment.
- A NSW organisation with 40 coastal sites both remote and regional who are looking for reliable connectivity including the ability to scale bandwidth when crowds enter the area for beach carnivals and during school holidays. They also require reliable Telstra mobile signal and Telstra LTE fail-over connectivity to ensure continued internet access and communications during weather events and bushfire season. MobileCorp will supply solution architecture, Cradlepoint router configuration, NetCloud portal set-up, and an ongoing monitoring managed service.
Other organisations in the industry verticals of equipment hire, healthcare, construction and event management have also undertaken Cradlepoint proof of concept trials or installed devices.
MobileCorp’s Cradlepoint managed service
MobileCorp is a Cradlepoint house. We offer Cradlepoint network solutions and a managed service which is carrier agnostic and includes:
- network solution architecture
- hardware procurement or leasing
- router configuration and deployment
- NetCloud portal configuration
- 24/7 monitoring of equipment and links
- level 2 service desk including:
- fault diagnosis and resolution
- remote equipment diagnostic and reprogramming
- phone support
- response and restoration targets
- priority replacement program for hardware
- device retrieval/redeployment program for security of hardware
- monthly reporting
- Telstra customers may have hardware and managed service fees charged against the monthly Telstra bill
What are the benefits of a Cradlepoint managed service?
Outsourcing Cradlepoint router configuration, deployment and ongoing management has significant benefits, for enterprises including:
- To align with Cradlepoint subject matter experts
utilise IT professionals who are Cradlepoint accredited experts and can achieve the desired result quickly and accurately, as well as adding value with advice gleaned from experience
- To free up internal resources
remove the burden of managing the equipment lifecycle, third party vendors, suppliers and service arrangements and the expense of hiring, training and updating internal IT skills
- To realign internal resources to higher value tasks
realign IT staff to higher value tasks and focus on strategic activities to meet current and future business needs.
- To reduce network risk
improve reliability and performance with advanced solutions and guaranteed proactive service levels including response and restoration targets
- To maximise network performance
help ensure your network delivers optimum support for your business through proper dimensioning and configuration
- To boost growth and productivity
leverage new technologies including integration with Unified Communications, security and Telstra cloud solutions
Kemps Creek NextDay Connect with Cradlepoint
Issue: A recently constructed medical research warehouse in the Western Sydney suburb of Kemps Creek faced a long wait for nbn connection.
Solution: MobileCorp delivered its NextDay Connect solution to supply, configure and install a Cradlepoint AER1600 router along with a MiMo directional antenna. Signal testing by a MobileCorp technician determined the best location and direction for the antenna.
Outcome: Although 4G is a contended service, tests on the day revealed a download speed averaging 50Mbps and upload speed averaging 15Mbps. Speeds as high as 65Mbps download were recorded. The use of the external antenna helped improve signal strength when connecting to Telstra's base station and the modems were pre-configured by MobileCorp to work on connection.
Read about NextDay Connect
Telstra and Cradlepoint collaborate on "5G for Business" edge solutionMobileCorp is also a Telstra Platinum Partner. In October 2019, Cradlepoint and Telstra announced a partnership to develop a “5G for Business” solution to be deployed at the customer edge and provide the performance, security and management that businesses demand.
Under the partnership, Telstra will tap into Cradlepoint’s deep enterprise mobility expertise and NetCloud platform to collaborate on the development of an integrated 5G modem and edge router solution that works seamlessly with its 5G mobile technology.
“We know that the networking needs of our business and enterprise customers are very different from consumers’, which has played a key role in our decision to partner with Cradlepoint for a ‘5G for Business’ solution. Telstra’s aim is to deliver Australians with the best 5G available, and we are always testing, evaluating and implementing the latest emerging wireless ecosystem technologies. We’re proud to be leading the way in our deployment of this technology, for both consumers and enterprise.”
MobileCorp is an enterprise ICT solutions company with a mission to deliver our customers a communications technology edge. At MobileCorp we believe in being at the forefront of ICT technology shifts so that we can bring trusted insights and innovative solutions to our customers.
We provide Managed Mobility Services, Enterprise Mobility Management, Complex Data and IP Networks, and Unified Communication solutions. We have a proven track record providing managed services for Australian enterprise and business, and are a Telstra Platinum Partner.